Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! II

So other than a creepy spam post that I still can't determine the origins of, it's been OVER A YEAR. I am a sucky blogger. However, living life is more important than writing about it so I think I win. The year was good, tiring and stressful at times but I'm walking upright and smiling most days. Too much work but I still love Ed and my family. I got sick a few times for like 6 weeks. Just a horrific cold each time but I have never been that sick for that long and I did not dig it.

The dog is awesome, she is crazy and in her teenage phase and kind of an asshole but we love her. She takes up a lot of time, it can cause anxiety but she loves us so much and makes me so happy to come home to. Plus I now have a great subject to take a bajillion pictures of and that makes me happy.

I was re-reading last year's post and this year's is probably the same. I ran 3 miles today, like 12 minute miles - meh. Friday I did 3 miles in 30 minutes, that's my new bar. I am going to *try* and do the marathon this year, the one and only time, then go back to halves. I like halves, I can improve on them. It would make me happy to just finish an entire marathon once, and not need medical attention. We may get a treadmill. I kind of hate it, but I am NOT good at waking up in the dark and the cold, especially since my job [while back to a full-time real employee with benes - yay] is kind of draining and I dread going to that office always. So we'll work on that, and the treadmill would be a good no excuses back up plan.

I ate ok today, not going to list off that because it's never helped me to quantify what I consume. I eat too much, I need to eat less. A challenge when running turns me into a starving person but again, things to work on - it's a new year.

Other goals, do something I like rather than working constantly, drop the same 30 pounds I've been supposed to for years [I'm down 5 pretty consistently so that's a start], get to 10 minute miles, floss, be healthy. Don't hang out with people I don't like, do hang out with people I do, but don't crowd myself and my schedule. There is lots of tv to be watched by myself. Eat better, calm down, have more energy. God I could go on and on.

Do I need to be accountable for what I said last January? Is that why I write these things? For last year, I def did not complain less but I did get married. Every little bit helps.

Most importantly, I need to be more organized....as demonstrated in this post. Let's get it together!

No comments: