Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blah Sunday

So it's kind of a waste of a day. I woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep, so I hung out and read until like 6 and then got a few more hours, still way too early for a Sunday. Thanks again to Trans Hardwoods and my landlord for ruining my first sleep in late [at home] weekend in a long ass time. Polyurethane smells lovely in the morning.

I made myself a healthy breakfast of 2 fried eggs [good girl style in pan spray and Earth Balance; oh how I miss butter] and a bowl of some Paul Newman flake cereal that has dried strawberries in it. Still on the fence about that, but it's not god-awful. I had it with soy milk and a banana and it's 3:15 now and I'm still full.

Went out and picked up Darling's nephew's 2nd [!] birthday gifts around Somerville. Had an "Amanda Palmer" [their name] from the 1369 Coffee Shop while out and about. I really want to like that place but I have a fundamental problem with establishments that have no customers, 4 hipsters behind the counter, dressed to the nines, and still take 3 full minutes to look in my direction, never mind acknowledge me. And said-acknowledgment was a grunt, not a how are you or even a hey. Plus, I sized up [accurately] my counter-boy as being a bit on the dumb side of the fence and made an effort to explicitly order a "Half Iced-Tea, Half Lemonade". Another minute of a blank stare followed and I'm trying to figure out how to further simplify that and he finally lights up and goes "Arnold Palmer?". I almost asked him if his fedora [side note: it's 80 degrees out, and 1369 is not AC'd] was on too tight.

Exercise....ehh, it's Sunday. Does walking around Target for 2 hours among legions of returning students count? I pushed a cart the whole time. And carried all 5 bags up our 3 flights at once. It will have to do, we were supposed to help my trivia compadres [Dragonhearts unite!] move a couch or 2 but they just indicated they're all set. It's like a higher power WANTS me to sit on my ass all day...

No comments: