Sunday, August 31, 2008

The last bit of August

went kind of South. Not in a terrible manner. I am very lucky in that Darling's parents are great people. Totally normal, easy to be around, 100% un-crazy. His Mother is also one of the best cooks EVER. Going to their house can be like a literal trip to Candyland. If not good for the waist, it's awesome for the mind and spirit and soul, not to get all bohemian.

Got there around 5 maybe? Had the some delicious chocolate cake for the baby's birthday [positive - I didn't have any ice cream with mine]. Then I had a dinner of diet A&W, a large salad with Ranch dressing and some Asian noodles with all types of goodness mixed in. Reasonable enough, but remember where we are. Then came out the carrot cake. Yes, 2 cakes, one night, that is how they do it. Ed's mom's carrot cake is one of my top 3 favorite things to ever eat in the world, so of course I indulged in some slivers.

Still no exercise, way too many calories but this is what weekends like this are for. We had a great time, the little man liked his presents and I got to see the dog. I'm having a glass or 3 of riesling right now. I cheaped out and went $12 instead of $14 and will not be repeating that mistake. The booze will probably prompt me to make a bag of microwave popcorn shortly. I'll ride the bike tomorrow, promise.

No comments: