Sunday, April 5, 2009

What is this big yellow ball in the sky?

What a rad Sunday! Spring is springing!! I have been lazy per usual for the past couple days, I felt very run down and crazy towards the end of the week - weird dreams. Getting used to no sugar always knocks the wind out of my sails. It's getting slightly better. I've become a big fan of fruit. And I've been drinking more water, I still hate peeing ALL THE TIME but you really do feel better! Here is a recap:

Friday
Eggs with ham and cheese
A yogurt, probably an apple and banana [I really haven't been cheating, but my memory is suffering so I can't recall 2 days ago...]
Ed made a curry for supper with potatoes and beef, it was really yummy. The beef was tough but I had randomly bought it and have 0 idea how to buy a decent cut of meat. The sauce was amazing. I think we had strawberries for dessert.

It was dark and cold, rode the bike for like 10-11 miles? Lame.

Saturday
For breakfast, I didn't want to eat greasy eggs and then go running so I instead had pineapple, blackberries, juice/water, a banana. We had a street meeting at 3 so at 1:45, I went for a "run" maybe did a mile? I hot a wall real quickly, probably ran-walked 2-3 total, I had zero energy, it was cold, I woke up with a sore throat.

Came home and went to the meeting, had LBS the whole time but it was interesting. I resisted the chips and salsa and chocolate chip cookies that looked AMAZING. Came home and made myself some Don't Knock It Till You've Tried It: toasted apples with american cheese and cinnamon and splenda [inspired by Michael Scott's Splenda N Scotch]. It was really good, I'll be honest. I think I had a yogurt too.

Went to Moulton's with Ed and Jen, it was delish. Had coconut shrimp, a crabcake, shrimp pomodoro [w/ linguine, SO GOOD - Carbs!!], and 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio. No dessert, no bread. Came home and had some strawberries with Splenda [MS] and some more juice/gatorade/whatever. Went to sleep at midnight.

Today is Sunday, so far so good. Got up at 10:40, had a banana and some watered down gatorade. Went for what should have been a 3.3 mile run and thanks to my sense of direction, or lack thereof, it was actually 4.7. It's beautiful out, my body had few "I'm going to die" moments, so I just went with it. Realized I'd gone to far when I saw the "Welcome to Winchester" sign. Whoops! Good route though, not totally flat but nothing back-breaking, and most of it had sidewalks [I'm learning the pitfalls of running!]. I do enjoy that I get to explore neighborhoods and look at houses when I run. I could actually learn to like this. I def like telling people how far I ran and having them respond with shock and/or praise.


View Larger Map

Just got home, did some stretching, had some eggs with mozzarella and sausage and a cup of tea and more of my gatorade-h2o-juice mix. Showering now and then off to a BBQ at the other Lindsay's house. It's gorgeous out, I cannot WAIT for summer!!

No comments: