Monday, February 23, 2009

Is it May yet?

I am DYING for summer, maybe it's the house that I so want to improve yet keep telling myself that all the projects will be so much easier in warm temps, maybe it's the dark that comes too early, maybe it's the boredom [which is scary these days] of work, maybe it's the outrageously priced heat that still doesn't warm my house...but I am wishing for a heat wave and a break with my entire being. I am not depressed winter blah-y, but I'm just so over it. More frustrated and stuck, I guess. Not over it enough to move of course, then I'd have one less thing to complain about.

Anyhow, so I went to Shaw's after work, around 6 and by then I had the LBS shakes pretty badly. Thanks, salad! Upon arriving home, I shoved down a Fiber 1 pop-tart [delish, still not sure if I trust these Fiber 1 things, but people seem to sweat them. Who would've thunk that Fiber would become cool or trendy or appealing? Marketing is an odd and weird kind of geniusy field] and that helped immensely. Then I made one of those quick stove-top pastas in the bag - alfredo and I threw some tomato in there, it was really good but I was also like drool-starving [I'm copyrighting that] so who knows. I just had some cinnamon raisin toast and some tea for dessert. Yum. I think I'm done for the day? I wanted a cocktail when I got home and did not have one so brownie points there. God, now I even sound like an alcoholic. Yuck.

Tomorrow is the iCycle. I'm doing a bagel to carb up [love the justification games my mind plays] and then a 3 we head in town. Fun times. We'll see. I started to actually write down my "training plan" for the 10k. i am a bit nervous but honestly felt unprepared for the 5k and managed that without dying or even hurting too much the next day. I've realized a huge part of my procrastination is that I neglect to cement things - like write them down, make that appointment, call whomever. Instead I dilly-dally and obsess. Not sure why my brain prefers the latter but I've never claimed to understand my brain. Also, I keep forgetting everything. Mid-blog, I remembered something I want to blog, and now I have zero idea. That is terrifying. More crosswords and solitaire and scrabble.

Diners, Drive-ins and whatever on Food Network is making me so hungry. They just featured mozzarella sticks in Atlanta that are wrapped in pasta pre-fry. OMG. I'm looking up tickets on Expedia right now, not joking.

No comments: