Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wow I missed a week.

I started this Monday and jotted things down like 40 times all week so this is a progressive piece, but still - I'm lazy. I have a major case of the winter blahs, nothing serious just a strong urge to stay in bed and/or eat mashed potatoes and cinnamon rolls at all times. Actually, now that I read that, not that different from everyday life minus the bed thing. Oh well. I just want it to be warmish, I loathe the cold.

So it's been a bit since Saturday…about which, I remembered I had an apple during the day as well. For my Saturday night date with my couch [we're almost going steady], I had that yogurt, some tea, some peas with butter, 2 chocolates and some water. Went to bed earlyish and read, Ed was at a party at Mark's until 2 or so.

Sunday, I did 30 minutes of biking to IASIP, did some of my arms and weighed myself on the Wii-Fit. Went to the parents and had some beef, potatoes, gravy, broccoli, a roll w/butter, wine, some juice, and a teeny cup of mint chocolate Dove ice cream. Got home and had some Chex mix, more tea, 2 dove chocolates, and more juice. Do I eat too much? I don't think I eat so much BAD stuff as my portion control is in fact out of control. That will be the name of my first diet book once I get skinny - patent-pending so hands off, bitches. I just get so rude and angry and lifeless when I don't eat enough. Like my dad does correct portions but then I come home and eat a snack, or 7. Not good - when will I inherit my parents' good habits? Accckkk.

Quick review of the week, pretty boring:

Monday
I had some instant breakfast, my bagel, some tea, some juice.
Worked from home and had some chili over rice w/ jack cheese.
More tea, a giant hunk [like 2.5 good size pieces] of bread and butter for dinner.
Then some more tea and a SKOR bar. B&B for dinner = heaven.

Tuesday
Bagel w/ B&C, some Tea
99 for lunch half a RB sandwich and some salad, with free popcorn [can't say no] to start and a diet coke.
I think I had a banana when I got home?
Went to Trivia: had my pizza and 3 beers and we suuucked it and lost hardcore.

Wednesday
I W'dFH again and made some bomb-ass [1996 lingo] WPF French toast
This filled me up and I had it pretty late so I had Udon noodles as a snack.
And then a Bagel w/B&C for dinner [what?]
A Banana, 2 dove chocolates, some tea
Water, juice, throughout the day; some riesling and some popcorn during Top Chef.

Wow, in review I did zero exercise Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: BAD. I need cable in the Offigym [just christened it that] STAT.

Thursday
Went to WF, had my Bagel and some Tea
Some H20, hit up McD's for my happy meal for lunch
Ed made Burritos for dinner [yum - and I only had one because they're FILLING]
We split a dessert Watchamacallit….ooh and I had a couple of Mini-Reeses on the way home
56 min on bike [16 miles] // Arms [20 reps of each]

Friday
No exercise
Finagle big-ass HEC w/ Bacon on an everything, DD Large Tea
Seltzer throughout the morning [keeps me awake]
Med chili from ABP [mehh], Diet Pepsi
Teeny square of Bob's lasgna [made up for the chili]
1 Piece of scali bread and butter
Dessert was a mini-slice of carrot cake and a mini-éclair. Both were delicious, and local: have I mentioned I LOVE Medford? F the North End, it's so much easier to park here.
And we got a turbine! Yes, let me tangent for a moment: we now have a large and in charge, and very visible wind turbine in the back of one of our schools on 93. I am very proud of my new city, I think this type of stuff actually makes a dent in a potential issue, in a responsible and non-obnoxious way. It's a smart and future-thinking idea and I think it cost over half a million dollars but I am totally ok with that [my brain rarely allows crazy spending like this under the strict confines of my old-white-man POV]. I was siked to see it tonight on my way to my parents, I did a small cheer. The more I live here, the more I feel really comfortable and pleased with our decision. Time will tell, but I am really siked to be a happy homeowner, even if it means sitting on my couch blogging in Target clearance rack pajama pants on a Saturday night. Which is what I'm back to doing right now. In fairness, I've shopped the clearance rack since Targets came here [Oh-Happy-Day! I've been watching way too much Big love lately]. It's also cold and I prefer hibernating to pretty much anything else right now but….

Come to think of it, I'm actually in a much better mood now [Saturday night, even though my time line above is only up to Friday - sorry, I'm confusing] than I was when I started this earlier this week. I love visiting my parents and sleeping late, 2 things this weekend has allowed already. Now I am dog-sitting and will not be able to sleep in tomorrow, but hopefully I can go back to bed. Or actually make my Sunday productive and wake up early. That's no fun! We'll see how early I get up.

Back to Friday/yesterday: Small post-work trip to Desfina: couple pieces of calamari, one amazing piece of uber-garlic bread w/ tomatoes, some fries with mayo [yes, mayo]. I also had 2 glasses of wine, which reminds me I had a Corona and come chaaaaadonnay at work [earnings meeting in a recession, needs booze]. We came home and I had a mini-reeses or 2, I think? One of those Fridays, and I'm learning the recap is not my string suit anymore. Sad. I did a drunken walk to Whole Foods around 9pm. For some Cinnamon Bun Ben and Jerry's - which prompted me to shout its delicious merits while consuming it last night. It is amazing, I wish it had 0 calories.

Now as I mentioned, today is Saturday. Darling woke me up with a HEC on a bagel. Had some Tea and Juice. Ate a Banana pre-workout. And a Reeses mini. Went to my parents and had killer LBS en route so I ate an apple. At 5 Keane, had a glass of Wine, really awesome Cook's recipe baked ziti, some WPF ciabatta that I brought. Speaking of which, newsflash of the century is that if I could stop eating bread products - not even all carbs, just frigging bread - I'd look like Kate Moss. It doesn't seem that much when I eat it, even though I know I'm being naughty. But then I have to type this and read it and spell check and I'm just like "Sheeit, I'm lucky I don't look like Jabba The Hut". Back to supper: broccoli and chicken in a lemon glaze rounded it out. I had some cranberry juice and then we had teeny pieces of a WPF [yes, also me] Chocolate bread Pudding cake with some mint chip Dove ice cream and peppermint tea for dessert. Yummy! I came home and had some tea and cinnamon-sugar scali toast [with Smart Balance and surprisingly ok - I had 2 pieces]. I was late for dinner because I worked out to episode 3 of The Tudors today: 12.5 miles on bike [40 min] and my armcersises [I'm on a roll tonight!] - 20 reps of each per arm.

That's it, my head is spinning and it's 12:20 so I'm going to take Miss Mia out and go to bed. Tomorrow is the Super Bowl, I would care less. Although the Phantom Gourmet guys are making me want to eat a spread the size of a small state. I will try to resist. I need to get things done tomorrow, I am so sick of weekend where I accomplish nothing, it's pretty much every weekend. I need something to kick me in the ass. And I need to win the lottery. Excuse my typos and nonsense, long and dull week. Hopefully February is the New January. TTFN!

No comments: