Monday, March 2, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers

WFH, snowy-as-hell Monday [in March: yee-haw!]. Ate my bagel and some tea, a banana, more tea. Busy like crazy today - up and running at 7:30, shoveled, sent some emails, showered. Then go-go-go: I didn't eat lunch nor go out to shovel again until after 3.

And when I did go out to shovel, somebody had already snowblowed my whole walk way! We had done some to get the car out for Ed this AM but it definitely snowed after and some super nice person decided to help us out. I am so touched, especially after the jackass that destroyed my sister's rear windshield Saturday night. The worst part is, I think the party responsible for the kindness is the dude I refer to as the meth-head that loves behind us. I'm obviously totally kidding and just trying to be funny, but will abstain from that moniker going forward. I need to give humanity a chance, I just get so bogged down with the bad stories, octo-moms and vile behavior. This made my day. Which was particularly welcome in a day that was cold and snowy and I felt nutty the whole day.

I still haven't caught up on anything, and feel overwhelmed with life. We have some weird leak going down to the basement - fun times. I got some laundry in but no exercise beyond the shoveling, my shins still hurt. And I am already sucking with my March-I-run-outside resolution - thanks mother nature. I need to attempt to do the Magoun's 5k one of these Thursdays, maybe 4/16, that's a good mini-goal. Plus it gives me 10 days to get it together if it's overly painful.

Ok so had some waffles for late lunch and more ta, some juice. Ed came home and made us salads and we had those and half a TJs pizza each. I am STARVING. How can I not eat all day and then suddenly want to ravage a grocery store once it hits 7 pm? No good. I am having a yogurt now and may crack into my early marshmallow easter bunny [per Bob Gaudet] with some more tea shortly.

Watching Season 2 of The Wire now, again. I love this shit, even though I think I've now seen this season 3 times at least. I have no NetFlix and I realized I have yet to see Season 5 so I need to get going with refreshing. Love it! Maybe a new Intervention at 9...and then Monday will be over.

No comments: