Monday, March 9, 2009

When I grow up, I want to be a dirty hippy!

I've never uttered these words, I actually hate dirty hippies. However, tonight I would've made my parents [clean dirty hippies in their own right....activists they would say] proud by walking to a town meeting, looking at maps, reading leaflets, listening to my community for 2.5 hours and then walking back home and using my reusable grocery bag at Whole Foods to pick up a few organic whatevers on my way back to the homestead. I love my town! Or city, we're a city. Seriously, as annoying as some of those people were, it was really great being there and seeing people care and talk and voice their opinions and interact. There had to be 300 people, I would think the Green Line would be a no-brainer but apparently there is LOTS of controversy.

Controversy, schmontroversy, I'm siked. I could care less about the pollution as long as it's not excessive [I live it a city, part of that is that it's dirtier here than the country - deal with it]. The commuter rail is already loud, I've learned to live with it. I do not need a parking garage considering I can walk to 2 of the stops. And by the time I'm 40 I will have a 15 minute ride into the city and never have to deal with parking. I am excited. And hello property values. Again, I'll believe it when I see it [and if those m-fers try to come in and take some of my yard, I'll go crazy...but I can't see how they would, geographically?], but it's nice to be at the start of something and I feel like we are. Everyday I feel better and better about our decision to get this place, not that I had remorse or regret upon buying, but I would say I was just scared. If you fuck up buying a house, you are kind of screwed. Anxiety and my brain are like moth to the flame up in my head. So yeah, I keep hugging Ed and telling him how happy I am that we made a good choice and that I think we made the right decision and it's wonderful. He is like "Umm, yeah that's why we bought it and moved in 6 months ago" and per usual, thinks I'm totally weird.

Anyhow, so that was my night. Worked from home today to not have to deal with the Wintry Mix. Barf. It was a blessing as the gas guy came by and needed to get in the basement [I'm still convinced it was some kind of set-up; I am my mother's daughter] AND warned me that after 7 am tomorrow, we will not be able to get out of our driveway and we should park up the street. So fingers crossed that our car is still there in the AM [and un-tampered: lots of car horror stories lately]. I will get a permit this week, I have slacked on that but I blame the RMV and their confusing registration policy.

Ok, so had some oatmeal with bananas and syrup for breakfast. Had some tea and some juice. For lunch, I had 2 thin slices of the WPF bread with butter and cream cheese. However, wayyy less B & CC than I usually use. So yay. Then I had a yogurt and more tea. I think that was all, my memory is shot. Oh wait, I tried to have cup of soup but it was gnarly [too much water and then I'd tried to bolster the pasta quotient].

I ran 4 Wii-miles and showered and went to my meeting. Had some sushi from WF after, and some strawberries [so good, so worth the $4 - it's like spring in my mouth] with splenda. A vodka juice cocktail, light on the vodka...Intervention always inspires me to drink. Maybe to remind myself that unlike the poor souls on TV, I can stop after 1? I am beyond thankful for that, everyday, I cannot imagine being an addict, it's got to be exhausting and sucktacular. Anyhow, just had some crusty french bread with butter [fresh baked at WF...yummm] and some mozzarella, tomatoes and OO/vinegar with spices and S&P. So good.

I will be having a couple sandwich cookies too, they were cheap and looked delish. It's like 11:30 now though, I need to knock off the late eating. In fairness, it feels like 10:30. Which means I need to go to bed. I hate DST, seriously. When it gets warm it will be better, right?

No comments: