Monday, October 6, 2008

Bread For Dinner - Absolute Bliss

So, the game is tied, we put our heat on in the apt [before October 10th? Not a good sign...out soon....hopefully], my world is kind of shaken up right now. However, I was having a lovely evening - BREAD FOR DINNER. But let's start at the very beginning.

Rough morning, made it out of bed on time but it was downhill from there. Had a garlic and Earth Balance WW english muffin and some oatmeal. Wisely made a tea for the ride to WF. Still almost fell asleep like 6 times, it was dangerous. I had the windows down all the way and was singing and still kind of nodding...scary.

WF was WF....ehh. I dragged a lot of ass and showed off my ticket to anyone that I could. Nearly 30 years on the planet and apparently all I have to show for it is that I have turned into "That Guy". Awesome. Lunch was a turkey wrap, the chips, bite of a quickly proven nasty pickle. Cherry Coke Zero. Had several more cups of tea all afternoon. Had a few candy corn, my teeth hate me. Ate an apple on the drive home. Upon arrival, starving....had a piece of WPF with cheese toasted on it, then went back and had a GIANT piece of toast with real butter. Felt so guilty but soooo worth it. Bread and butter, how I love thee. For real, stuck on an island the rest of my life - bread, butter, cheese, apples, tomatoes, wine and chocolate. A couple of baby tigers and my iPhone. Maybe some S&P and spices, a little OO or EVOO as semi-annoying RR says. Mmmm....perfect.

Thought that would be my supper but then Princess made some rice. He is such a good boyfriend, I am lucky to have a cook in the house. Otherwise it would be a very Lean Cuisiney type of life, food wise. I hate cooking. Love food, hate preparation, timing, cooling, etc. With 2 caveats: love decorating cakes, love scooping ice cream. Ate some rice and soy sauce while watching Mad Men reruns and the game. Did I mention Roger Sterling was like 5 feet from us at the game last night? Our only nearby brush of fame. By the time I had enough liquid courage to speak to him, he was kind of a douche.

Seeing famous people is weird, at least for me since I don't live in NY or LA. Something about it makes you care more about people you shouldn't. Like I LOVE Joan H and Don Draper on that show, LOVE. And January Jones is amazing as well. But this was Roger Sterling....a handsome older man, love that kind of boss-dude-arrogant-creep of a character. But still, not in my top 3 or maybe even top 5. I don't blame him but I kind of do....get a private box with your Emmy money. And famous people are supposed to LIKE being famous. It's not like he was in his house and I broke in. Whatever. Plus his companion [son? nephew?] kept cheering by number: "Let's go 1-1" [Kotsay] "Strike em out 5-8" [Pap]. To quote Nick Swarsdon, "What, are you 5?" Did you just learn to count? Sooo bitter. Still L-O-V-E the show, 100%.

Beyond that, I really need to get like a little diet tracking module. I feel like I had one in my old iPhone, maybe I can look it up. I'm eating way too many calories. Not that I work out hard, but I move so much more than ever before and I'm the same weight. I lose 1 lb or 4 once in a while but always hover around the same number. I guess it's good I'm not gaining? I'm thinking now that I kind of have an exercise routine down, time to observe the food.

Ed and I are considering not drinking for a while, smart move [after Keith's wedding, of course...not to sound like a total holic]. And I've got to go find another 5k. Although it's starting to get cold and I need some layers or something. No idea how people run in chilly temps and weather and such. I am such a pussy. Ok, I'm thirsty, off to bed. Bay just got a double in the bottom of the 9th, I feel sick - good sick, but sick....GO SOX>>>>

No comments: