Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And then there was October

I am already a slacker-blogger. Shouldn't be surprising, I'm generally kind of unmotivated and only really function with a hard deadline or fear of screwing something up or disappointing someone. Since no one reads my blog, there's not a lot of pressure, but I like it that way.

It's been a few busy-busy days. I'm currently at work in Cambridge but I just took a swig of my tea and proceeded to spill probably a good 1-2 teaspoons of warm English breakfast goodness all over my white shirt so I decided it was a good time for a break. After I type this, perhaps I should reflect on why I continue to wear WHITE SHIRTS out in public, especially to work. Good times.



So Sunday, went to Doyle's with the family for my sister's belated birthday, that I have sucked about and STILL owe her a present [sorry!]. I had eggs benedict with hash browns and a side of pancakes. That's right, I'm on a diet and just said "side of Pancakes" with a straight face [straight typing hand? I have no idea what the techy version of that expression is]. I shared them with the family and didn't finish my EB or HB or pancakes, so it wasn't too bad. Had some tea too. We ran into Mr Regan, my 8th grade [I think....getting old sucks] English teacher, which was so nice. He's been in China the better part of the past few years so we've only been in touch via Christmas cards and occasional second-hand anecdotes, but he is back here for a year so I will probably see him again, the WR-Rozzie-JP community is tightly knit. Apparently this is the second time my parents have run into him at Breakfast, they must be on the same circuit. Of course, Daddy had his camera.



I spent the rest of the day at home, it was great. Princess did the laundry [he is a good boyfriend], so I got to read the paper and go to the Apple store with my dad so he could buy an iTouch for his Azerbaijan trip. Got my Juniper discount so that was pretty sweet. The CHill Mall has gone significantly downhill IMHO...like who shops at these places? Bloomies is fine for its purpose and I guess Coach and Barney's and C&B and VS. But then they have like weird knife stores and I think a Chico's and weird bedding and stationary. God, it screams wealthy old people and not in the good and glamorous way that I anticipate to be in 50 years.

Anyhow, got home from that and had some chocolate covered pretzels and water [WILD]. Had to chase Linus, who has an undying blood-thirst even after having the crap kicked out of him several times this year, from getting in a another altercation with the asshole cats across the street. Almost broke my neck AND now I have lovely forearms length gouges on each arm thanks to his extra sharp indoor ninja claws. I love him but he is trying at times. That was all for the day. And my tea stain is almost dry, so with that I'll move to the highlight of my 2008 thus far...

No comments: