Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blast from the Past

So acck, my last post was Wednesday [even though it's dated Tuesday...confusing Blogger quirk, I think...right now it's Monday night but I bet this will continue to say Sunday. It's like back to the future!], let's think.

So, Wednesday night, definitely did not do my arms, did dye my hair. Slept until the glorious hour of 9:30 the following morning, ran around all day with plans to leave at 4 to head to NJ/PA. I had a yogurt and an apple for breakfast, a Finagle Everything with butter and cream cheese for lunch [with a DC]. Went to Target and did some laundry, tried to iron with my mom. My lack of domestic skills continually impress me, it was hysterical. Packed up, was ready to leave at 4:15, Princess was late and we left a bit before 5.

Got some McD's at a terrifying rest stop in Connecticut or NT state, not to sound like a snob but they're all the same. Had my typical [I need to get back in a once a season fast food pattern, way too much lately] Cheeseburger Happy meal [girl toy] with additional cheeseburger on the side and a DC. Continued on our way, made it there around 10? Not so bad.

Met Keith and friends Sonny and Lynn from CA out and about in New Hope. Had some bread and a couple glasses of Riesling. Bar-hopped and switched to DC but had a few sips of Lynn's delish grapefruit and Belvidere and my my my, that was pretty damn good. I think Howard Stern is a big fan as well, and I learned today that his favorite beverage is my favorite beverage: cranberry juice watered down with seltzer, so maybe we share taste buds. He is definitely way more disciplined than fatty-me. Anyhow, couple sips of that and we were off.

Hit up Wawa for late-night goodies. That system is awesome to tangent a bit, you go in, pick a bunch of crap on a touch screen, it's easy, intuitive, there are a million options, the food is GOOD. Call me a product of the internet age but the less I have to talk to someone, the better. I'm not alone in this, I have a co-worker who is not a big fan of Papa Johns, but specifically orders their pizza because you can do it online. Kind of sad, kind of awesome. I had some mac and cheese, Darling had some chicken fingers and Kieth got whatever he calls a hoagie. Hoagie to me sounds like something one spits out in the shower. Gross.

Headed back to Keith and Alanna's ADORABLE and way not too tiny home, this was the first time we'd seen it. So cute, wonderful old floors and high enough ceilings and such a great yard and cute neighborhood. I'm super stoked for them. We also met their little kitties that had separate names that I can never remember, I will call them Oggie collectively because both names sounded something like that. They were also adorable, so young and bouncy and full of spriteliness. You can tell Princess has never had a cat because he was like fascinated that they ramble around and pounce on you all night, but they're kittens!! And even though he claims to be allergic, I have a theory that Ed secretly likes cats more than he lets on. Cats sure as hell love him. What is it that makes pets dig people who aren't really animal people? So weird.

Then we woke up the next day to WEDDING DAY!!! So exciting. I should separate my posts now.

No comments: