Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Update

So Saturday we headed back, I won't get into details but I have another item on my long list of why I hate stupid Jersey cops. Seriously, I'm flying to and from the next time we go see them. Whatever. Plus there was traffic getting into NY state. After some discussion with my parents' neighbor Evan, we may need to reevaluate our route if we do choose to drive down again.

On the bright side, had a PHENOMENAL everything bagel with butter and CC [it was a theme of the weekend apparently] and a tea from a place called Bagel Garden [?] on route 202 in East Shitshoe Nowhere NJ. It was really good. Princess had some kind of sandwich with lox and tomatoes as well, and he said that was really good too. So good find, good stamina for the ride home. Had a later pit stop at a rest area in CT and split a chipwich and faux ice cream drumstick from the machine, and a hot cocoa from the machine [usually I'm a big fan, this one not so much. Ed drank most of it.]. Made it home in like 6.5? hours, around 6:30. Napped.

Headed over to Erin's to catch the game. I love that we live across the street from each other, I will be sad to move if we ever get our house [it's going well, I'm just a pessimist by nature about big deals like this]. I showered, popped on sweatpants and was over there in 2 seconds. We ordered some pizza - big shout out to Angelina's in Teele Square, by far the best pizza in the area [trumped only by Pinnocchio's in Harvard Square, IMHO], I had a Nantucket Nectar's lemon tea. No booze, I was exhausted and kind of trying to chill out? Ed is on the wagon, I am definitely not but trying to be more conscious. Erin made pudding, chocolate, it was awesome. I learned she hates the skin on the top. no idea why I found this surprising [I HEART the skin], but I did - totally makes sense in hindsight. Anyhow, so good.

Stayed over there until like 11:30, came home and crashed. The game went 12 innings and we lost so I'm glad I went to bed. I am so not quitting on my team but if TBS and MLB insist on having 8-8:30 and 9 pm starts, I'm going to bed, that's it. Slept till ELEVEN the next morning....that was nice.

Sunday, got some WPF, nad 2 pieces of toast with 2 fried eggs. Some tea, some juice. Headed over to WR after some cleaning and errands. Had some grapes throughout the afternoon. Daddy made a dinner of steak, mustard sauce, potatoes, asparagus, pork. Had a chunk of the WPF Pumpkin bread pudding cake I brought over. Had a glass of red wine and some juice. May have had a banana? It's Monday night now and it's all a blur. Drove my dad to the airport for his trek to Azerbaijan, he is excited and nervous and so are we.

No comments: