Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh


That's right, bitches, Sunday night I was at a New Kids on The Block concert for the first time since the 6th grade. It was awesome, just putting that out there first and foremost. There were so many fabulous moments, I don't know even where to begin.

Food-wise [oh and if you haven't noticed, the only exercise I got this weekend was walking to and from the $20 parking in Gov't Center to the Fleet], we stopped in at Boston Beerworks on Friend Street to pregame. We were going to have the Fried Pickles [I love pickles but I was beyond apprehensive about these] - the waiter and Meagan talked me into it. Thankfully, they ran out of them so I was spared. I love me some fried goodness but there are lines in the world not meant to be crossed. I had their Green Monster sandwich [chicken, pesto, cheese and sauce on roll] with sour cream and chive fries. Sandwich was good beyond the bread to chicken ratio being a bit light on the bread, and the fries were ok but kind of tasted like they were coated with the sprinkles you find at the bottom of a sour cream and onion potato chip bag. I also had 2 blueberry beers that were AMAZING. They have the best blueberry beer around, maybe because it's fresh or because of the real blueberry floaties? It's good.

As for the show, let's go through some highlights:
-Pyrotechnics and lasers and lights and shit were on point, very impressive and hilarious
-We had floor seats that said 15th row, but when we got there realized A-z was first THEN numbers, so we were pretty far back. However, 4 or 5 songs in, there was a lengthy costume change and OMG, they popped up RIGHT NEXT TO US. I was screaming like a 12 year old, it was awesome.
-Based on the proximity, I can tell you that Jordan still has it. M-Fer works out or something, he looked hottt. Jon was a sweaty mess, poor Jon. Joey still has it too but I think I lost that loving feeling when I served him ice cream [fro yo actually, and several times] back in the day and he tipped a quarter [every time]. You've got NKOTB money, pony up.
-Donnie and Danny still have...something? Never been in to either. LOVE Marky mark but that's a separate entry. Donnie def wants to be a real rapper, but I liked his outfits the best [there were 5 or 6 costume changes, lots of bedazzling, and at one point Joey had on a leather jacket with a giant smiley face on the back]. Danny looks exactly the same, he's super-jacked and did some incredible break-dance moves that a 14 year old spry boy would have difficulty with. He's like 40. And a dad.
-There was an odd montage of dead people. Like a memory piece? They had Luther Vandross, Frank Sinatra, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, some of their dead parents, Tupac and Biggie....followed by a big "We Miss you"...it was weird. But I think that was the break that allowed for their traveling to our neck of the woods so I'll forgive them.
-Lots of awesome outfits, puffy paint, big pins. They had a semi-decent looking plain hot pink with logo shirt that tempted me for jogging or sleep but FORTY FIVE DOLLARS. WTF?
-Some girls brought their boyfriends. Some of the boyfriends appeared to dig it.

All in all, totally worth it, totally rad, totally something I'll remember and reference forever. Good way to spend a Sunday night.

No comments: