Monday, October 13, 2008

Nice Day for a Purple and Yellow Wedding

So Friday started with a late-ish wake up, 9 maybe? Ed and Keith went to the gym, I discovered Queen Bee on MTV. OMG, if anyone needs reason to think there is no hope for future generations, check out that program. Such brats, they were impressively awful and I'm quite accustomed to that kind of behavior.

Headed into their little town for an everything bagel with butter and cream cheese and some tea, a Cherry Zero Coke too. Had a banana and some mini Reeses and Kisses throughout the day to snack. Ran some errands and tried to help Keith out as best we could, checked into the hotel at 3. Hotel is a stretch actually. It was fine, let's just say I am not an inn/B&B person, we'll leave it at that. There were sheep grazing in the yard. I am not a farm person either.

Wedding was awesome, really really beautiful and sweet and earnest and well-planned and thoughtful and gorgeous. Most importantly, they both seemed to have a genuinely superb times, and that is what matters. I won't babble personal details of my BFF's wedding on the Interwebs, but everyone there had a 100% blast. As a taste, the last song they played for the night was Scenario. It doesn't get much better than that.

The service was 9 minutes long [awesome] and followed by drinks and apps. I had a couple Tanqs and tonics [is it bad that I kind of love gin? does that make me a holic? Princess recoils at gin and he is way more of a drunk than I am....hmm] and some mozzarella and tomatoes and prosciutto and melon. So good. Dinner was awesome, filet with asparagus and potatoes in a mushroom sauce. Had a roll with butter, some white wine, some red wine, another Tanq and tonic. Danced the night away, had some cake....soooo good, like a berry shortcake/sponge cake/angel cake thing? Whipped cream, layers of white cake and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. So good. More candy from the favors too, of course. Not sure if there's ever been a scenario in my life that I've rejected candy when placed in front of me.

That was that, we wound up at the bar, caught the end of the Sox game [Ed and I acted like assholes, of course], made a bet with Keith's wonderful dad about the Phillies-Sox World Series that is hopefully coming down the road. Headed over to another bar for a nightcap and some pizza. I surprisingly refrained from the pizza and stuck to a DC since it was late and I was driving and had sobered up a good while ago. Headed back to Sheepville and for some sleep.

No comments: