Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Tired

A rainy weekend day - shocking. It's almost 2, I had the can't-sleeps but now am getting droopy so this will be brief. Helped Bart & Elena move, they are so nice and their new place is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Moving is hard, I have a new appreciation for Princess [and his buddy Dan who helped us, he was awesome!], he is so good at it and really thinks about stuff and seems to feel satisfied when he gets a dresser somewhere that seemed impossible or angles a giant sofa in just the right way. Too bad it's so bad for your back, cause he really liked that job. Oh well, I still get the benefit of having an ex-mover [and all his ex and current mover friends] in my house with me, I am lucky. Today I gave him a 98% approval rating.

Started that at 11, starving. Had some food after Round 1 [we had to take 2 trips, god I hate U-Hauls...and weird tented events that Cambridgians decide to hold in the middle of major roads on weekends], half a chicken salad sandwich and some champagne [Elena and I speak the same language when it comes to booze] and some Diet Pepsi and part of a brownie. Moving took most of the day, but we got home and Ed took a shower and I went to Shaws. Shaws on Saturday is always more terrifying than usual, not sure what's going on there. If I were a crazy, I'm pretty sure I'd shop like Thursday morning when no one was there, becuase I wouldn't have to be rotting at a desk like most of the sane folks. That might've been a really insensitive sentence, I am exhausted.

Anyhow, got back and Ed made some Iggy's bread with yellow heirloom tomatoes and mozarella and drizzled with olive oil and S&P. Delicious appetizer. He made my favorite, chicken katsu with rice, it was so good, again I am so lucky to have a chef since my kitchen skills are slim to none. I can do dishes. I wanted ice cream but had an apple instead [insert debbie downer noise]. That was at like 10, I reconsidered later and had some tea and half a Chunky bar around 11:30. Ooh and Elena gave us wonderful straight off the boat Russian vodka so I had a cocktail as well. The bottle top looks like a giant diamond, so rad.

As I said, it's now 2. I've been obsessing over the house and my calendar and life in general, I think moving others kind of made me realize, holy crap this will be me in a month. I need a serious purge. And then I need to pick out paint colors. I am so excited! I probably just jinxed myself. Good night!

No comments: