Monday, January 5, 2009

$429.45

That's how much I've spent so far this month. It's the 5th. Granted, that has a credit card payment and my car insurance in it, but good God!! My resolution of tracking every penny I spend is already depressing. It will feel good once those little charts in my iPhone start showing that I'm spending less and less, paying off my stupid credit card / homeowner debt, and generally being a good and responsible late 20-something [5 more months!], right? I'm watching an episode of Platinum weddings that is not helping my financial outlook - her engagement ring is $250k. And not even that pretty! Giant, but not the die-and-gone-to-heaven rock that one would expect for that kind of cash.

Ok, so on to other resolutions, I got up at 6 for some pre-work exercise. Well, I meant to get up at 6, I finally got up at 6:20 when Ed whacked me and mumbled something incoherent that definitely included the word "lazy". Whatever works... Anyhow, did some Wii Fit, 20 minutes. You can jog in place with it! And the Yoga is fun! And the ski jumping and hula hoops are fun! I confirmed I have horrible balance, it keeps asking me if I trip a lot, funny. But yeah, did various exercises for 20 minutes and then needed to get ready for W-O-R-K. Yeahhhh.....

For food, had a plain bagel with butter and CC and garlic salt [nectar of the gods for me lately, so gross] and some tea. Did a half Cali Turkey Club and Ceasar Salad at Crapplebees, with a DC and lemon. Had a banana mid-afternoon. Not so bad, right? Breakfast should have been oatmeal, I know. As long as I need to drive Princess to work at 8 [love having 1 car] I'm going to either need to wake up at 5:30 to fit everything in or plan to work out at night. Neither of those are very attractive.

For dinner, I had a Raspberry UFO and some Dave's fresh butternut/sage ravioli with a garlic/Parmesan/oil sauce that was super good. They're on to the food portion of this wedding and goddamn it's making me hungry. She spoiled the groom with a helicopter cake [they have not 1, not 2 but THREE helicopters]...for $4,000!!! Acck, ok so I'm thinking a snack size bag of popcorn and then some tea and 1 or 2 2-bite brownies for Intervention at 9. No more beer tonight, storing up for trivia tomorrow. Gotta try to get to bed early too. If I'm asleep, I can't snack.

No comments: