Sunday, January 4, 2009

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

Bleccccchhh. I haven't worked a full week in what feels like an eternity. And describing my end of year as lackluster would be exaggerating, so tomorrow will be a rude awakening. I hope it's quiet, I need to plan stuff and regroup, clean my desk, get re-motivated. Plus I'm trying to eat less so I will have no energy....we shall see. Getting to bed early tonight will help.

Today I slept till almost noon [yes!] then hit up Everett. Went to Panera, got and Everything with butter and cc and an Earl Gray tea. Really wanted a chai but that would be sugary. And delicious, but bad for me so I stayed away. I exchanged some pants at ON and got some towel bars and painting supplies at HD. WILD. Then I hit up CVS and Johnny's quickly. Johnny's is cheap but their inventory can leave much to be desired. We def need to hit up WF early this week for some produce.

After that I came home and did some Wii Fit - awesome. I bought it in August? Maybe even July and had yet to to open it - I'm that lazy. Thankfully, Princess was motivated by boredom the other day and gave it a shot. I will try to do it daily, it weighs you and stuff! Crazy. It tells me I am overweight based on my BMI, thanks for the news flash. I think I pulled a muscle trying the Warrior yoga pose today. Sad, really. But it's a sort of motivating tool, we shall see.

I only had time to do about 10 minutes of that, I had to bathe and prepare for Work Lindsay and her delightful bf Jesse stopping by to see the house. Whenever people come over, I start to notice hidden corners of dirt and crust that I never seem to notice and then I get all anxious. I seriously need a crew to come in here and then I can try and keep it up from there. I cannot wait for the kitchen and bath to be redone....hopefully it's more like a couple years rather than 5 or 7.

We went to Tango for dinner, courtesy of our Phantom Gourmet cards. It was awesome, I got the beef in cheese and sauce with veggies and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were a bit nutmeggy sweet, but everything was awesome as usual. We started with empanadas and the mozarella/tomato salad and had some nice red wine. I ended with the flan with caramel sauce and whipped cream. So good! I love that place.

We are back home now, Ed is Wii Fitting as I type and I just had a cup of tea and a Rolo. Watched that washed up Teen Idol show on VH1 and I really wanted to like it but it was sad. Then the new Bret Michaels' show came on and I felt like I was going to catch The Clap from just watching it so I gladly turned the reins over to darling for his Nintendocize.

Plans for this week...trivia Tuesday, first time in like a month? Dinner at Chez Kushi on Wednesday. I think that's it, I feel like I had something this coming Saturday but can't for the life of me remember it. I need to start eating more blueberries or something.

No comments: