Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holy Hiatus, Batman!

So it's been almost 2 months. I became a [relatively] happy homeowner and learned that doing that takes up pretty much every second of your time and money at the beginning. At this point, Princess and I have just gotten lazy and it's cold and we had the holidays so I have more time. Plus I made it a resolution to blog, run more, eat less, and lose like 30 lbs over 2009. Trying to be 15 lbs lighter by my 30th in June. I need to get a scale.

Quick recap of end of 2008, I stopped moving after the 5k and gave in to all the wonderful end of year treats and beverages that were constantly around me. I haven't gotten huge, I think I'm kind of at my maximum lazy-ass threshold which, thanks to genetics, isn't obese. I am lucky. However, I'm also not close to skinny or even healthy yet and I feel like crap and keep being sick, so I need to get my ass in gear. January is the new January.

Thurs Jan 1
Exercise - 0 [gave myself a pass, it's a holiday]
Food - Made homemade cinnamon buns FROM SCRATCH [me, who knew?], had 1 for breakfast.
Had some tea and an apple. Went to 5 Keane for NY's pork, squash, roasted potatoes, some delicious cran/orange gravy, and brocolli. Had one of those Ferrer Rocher [splg?] candies [addictive, thankfully they were almost gone] and some cherry pie with vanilla ice cream, and peppermint tea for dessert. Came back home and had another cinnamon bun [it's a holiday] and split the last bag of movie theater butter popcorn with darling and went to bed. Oh, probably had some juice and water too, I have had the plague since the end of November - it keeps getting better and then coming back uglier. FUN. Unfortunately it's not one of those sicknesses that makes me lose weight. Not that that is a healthy way to lose weight, but it would be a nice perk to this vile suffering.

Fri Jan 2
Exercise - 0 I seriously had all intentions but woke up and felt like death, drove Princess to work, went back to bed until 11 and then cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, did laundry, vacuumed and watched like 8 episodes of Law & Order SVU. I had dinner plans and just ran out of time....and Ed had even set up the Wii Fit. I am a bad Resolver. Or Resolutionizer?

Food - Had my old standby, the Everything bagel with butter and cream cheese [so much more appealing than oatmeal or toast or scrambled egg whites....] and some tea. I then had an orange and a yogurt and some more juice and water, due to illness. I had a mac&cheese lean cuisine w/ tomatoes around 3 and some more tea. I threw away lots of my hidden candy whilst cleaning. Not all of it, I'll be honest. Went out for Indian with Erin and Carolyn and met her new bf, Matt - he's lovely. This is one way to diet: maybe it's because I already have a bad hack but this chicken vindaloo was sooo spicy that I could hardly make a dent in it. So I had my glass of wine, the samosa was ok, and mostly rice. My face was like red and my eyes were watery the entire meal, nice first impression to Matt. Erin and I spent a good amount of the night referring to Facebook and Myspace so he probably thinks we're weird anyway. We went to Miracle of Science for a cocktail, I had a kind of gross [but only $5] gin and tonic. I think gin and tonics are a 3rd or 4th drink for me, it didn't go down as easy as I would've liked. It's what I get for attempting to be classier than I actually am. Speaking of that, I'm going to a party and Craige and Aaron's tonight [so excited to see their new house!] and need to bring an app/dessert/booze. I have 2 bottle of Boone's in my fridge [not joking], is it trashy or awesome to bring one? Mortgages make you poor... And I legitimately feel Snow Creek Berry is delicious. Ok, so came home and had 2 pieces of Harry's holiday cinnamon-raisin toast with butter for a nightcap. And made some tea that tasted gnarly.

Sat Jan 3
Exercise - will be biking to the season 2 finale of Brotherhood that I got from Netflix. It's usually around 55 minutes, that will be good for me.

Food - Princess made me 2 eggs on an everything bagel with ham and cheese and some tea. He is a good boyfriend. We did almost murder each other mid-November while moving out of 203. That apartment was dirty and filled with stuff and 3 floors up and we were just sooo over it and tired and cranky from the long and complicated home-buying process. However, since then we have come to an understanding and have been getting along remarkably well. Moving is stressful, as are bills and leaky things that you don't anticipate leaking and appliances that don't work that you did anticipate working, etc. We fight ugly but we do get everything out and get over stuff so hopefully things will continue on a more rational path. The good thing is, it's not one of us being a super-douche and the other being normal, we are both super-douches. How that is a plus, I don't know but somehow it is...

Ok, off to paint some trim, ride the bike and prepare for the partay tonight. I'm also going to work out a training plan for our next goal: April 26 - James Joyce Ramble in Dedham. It's a 10k that my daddy runs ever year. Of course, he runs it a week after the marathon which I will NOT be doing, but if successful, it will be a milestone for me nonetheless.

No comments: