Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kitty Litter

Salt [for your stairs] is really expensive, and the animal lover in me likes to get that Paw Safe crap that is EVEN MORE expensive. So I decided to cut corners and get a $5 thing of kitty litter - safe for animals and way cheaper. I've discovered that once the snow melts, it turns the litter into this mushy gray paste that gets everywhere- like ruin your floor everywhere. I've become a take off your shoes nazi as a result. Not good.

Today's Annoyance has been brought to you by....I should have resolved to not bitch in 2009. So yesterday I did not really exercise, I considered shoveling and laundry to be my cardio for the day. Will be back in the saddle today, going to try the bike but last time I swear it bruised my ass, I am so out of shape. Or maybe I had the seat up too high.

Had the last of Harry's delicious cinnamon raisin bread for "lunch" as toast, and some more tea. Ate a banana on the way to Hudson. I stopped at Lyndell's to get cupcakes and was so good, I ordered nothing for myself....I realized I pretty much ate bread all day and needed to get a hold of myself. Bread is my down-fall. I love it. I love bagels and rolls and crusty bread and baguettes and Wonder bread and bread sticks and WPF and Iggy's and croissants.

Had wonderful chicken and veggies curry over spinach noodles and a salad, it was from the Wagamama cook book and quite delicious! Hilary can cook. She made a blondie/giant cookie thing I had a few pieces of with vanilla ice cream and tea for dessert. And 2 glasses of white wine. A nice night of catching up, their kids are so good and getting HUGE and loquacious. Too funny.

Driving home was sketchy, the snow turned to rain and turned to sludge and then froze! Awesome. Plus I was on wacky back roads, that turned and had like 30 mph speed limits. Not a fun time, I got home wicked late and was so tired this morning WFH again today, had my bagel and tea..about to eat lunch. Work is picking up a bit, it's a good thing. Kind of boring post, sorry.

No comments: