Friday, January 23, 2009

I love free stuff

And as I've mentioned a bit lately, I'm turning into a bit of a dirty hippy in my old age. That being said, I read in a fellow-blog that I follow about a promo for free web-hosting space! This is awesome since it's such a useful thing taht I need, but paying for it seems wack. You have to link to it in your blog and vow for what you are going to do to make the world greener. That was horrific grammar, thankfully bad word choices don't enlarge my carbon footprint.

Ok, so I have no idea if I'm doing this right but anyone who read this, link here for good info and how-to's on getting your own space:

So here are my resolutions:

I will only print necessary documents at work, and lately that is very very little.

If I have to print, I will do it double sided.

I will also try and consolidate documents as much as possible.

I will research and purchase refillable ink cartridges for my home printer, for printing photos or projects.

I will research and purchase recycled photo paper.

I will use less post-its [already bought a voice recorder and have started using the virtual notepad in my iPhone].

I will use the front and back of papers for notes [my mom has been doing this for years!].

I will tele-commute more.

I will take the bus when I go to my local, city office.

I've started using old magazines to keep my boots upright, prop up uneven house-wares, etc. Will keep this up!

I feel better already....what a great idea! This is in-line with my personal theory that the reusable bags at Whole Foods should be free. I know people would abuse this, but it's a shame. Instead they cost a couple bucks, which isn't a lot and I've bought them but it does seem counter-intuitive. Now if only they would install a voice-box on the bags that shouts at me when I leave for the grocery store. Ive been improving though, will resolve to keep that up too!

So the above has nothing to do with food; real quick:
so far DD HEC on a croissant, a tea and some Instant Breakfast.
Had some popcorn and 5 [yes, 5] doves chocolates last night in bed. It's like a luxe hotel on the second floor of my house...what?

No comments: