Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hump Day

Naming these blogs is going to become an issue, I can sense it. Perhaps I will work out some pattern or something equally clever. I'll think on it.

So today flew by, I think on work days I'm just going to work really hard on remembering and just do one post. I cannot fuck off at work to a tremendous degree anymore and the blog will have to be a casualty of that.

Today began poorly as I slept through my alarm, as in had no recollection of the buzzer even going off period. That is bad. Thankfully Ed has some sort of internal something and whacked me 40 minutes after I planned to wake up. And it was trash day....oh how I loathe thee. So, no time for food at home. I was starving and feeling kind of gross from my daiquiri experience last night [note to self: ONE IS THE LIMIT; would I down 2 Slush Puppies in an hour, or even a month? Hells to the no.] so I stopped at one of the 16 DDs in [what will hopefully be my future town of] Medford. HEC on an onion bagel and a tea, consumed entirely while driving. They should hire me to write the frigging diet books, let me tell you.

Nothing else until lunch, I had a roast beef wheat wrap with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo, with a pickle. I like how I think the fact that the wrap is wheat negates the mayonnaise and profuse amount of chips that I include on the side. One mini-goal should be vetoing the offering of these free-with-sandwich chips at my work cafeteria. I see other people in line do it all the time, and I admire them from afar but have no idea HOW they do it. Chips are scrumptious at lunch, or any other time. Per usual, I added to this a diet Snapple Iced Tea, another thing I should move away from. They're like $2 and all these weird sweeteners kind of geek me out. Only kind of.

Moving on to other beverages with artificial sweetness, I had some Grape G2 and another hot tea for the afternoon. I love anything grape flavored. If it's slightly watered down tasting, I love it more. Not sure what's going on there, but grape Kool-Aid with melty ice cubes is what a David Duchovny look-alike will serve me in heaven, with donuts. Speaking of him, what is up? Total stunt for Showtime, I'm guessing; or maybe he's a mess. Let's hope he gets better, I'm in love with the French Bulldog and the architecture of the houses on "Californication" and it needs to continue. Note that I did not have my afternoon yogurt because I swear some motherfucker steals them. I am going to dedicate a future blog to certain irritating work types: food-stealers and non-flushers. Those of you who work in corporate America should be familiar with both. Gross.

Now for my proud moment of the day, after re-viewing our potential future abode [with my parents - fancy!], Erin and I went running! Like kind of real running, with longer stretches of not stopping. The 5k might be a real possibility. Well, I'll finish it either way but I had plans to kind of chillax my way through it and so I asked Erin tonight if we could stop while running it and she replied "Hell No". She means business. Last time she did one her time was 30 minutes so I'm told [by her] that we need to beat that. She said it like it was outrageous but 3+ miles in a half hour is sounding pretty impressive to me.

We'll see, if I have to crawl across the end I will. But I'm liking the no-stopping incentive as a Physical Challenge AND she told me if you eat pasta pre-run it really does seem to help. How did I forget the carb bonus of running until now? My dad's gone to thousands of pasta parties, we host one each year before Boston. The Good Food part of my brain and the Exercise Is Scary part of my brain are clearly as far apart as possible. This is good news, a perk to exercising, rare in my world. Although I do feel pretty good right now. I came home and even did my arm exercises and then took a nice hot shower. Hopefully I'm not too sore tomorrow because the stars have aligned and we're going running again after work.

I just ate dinner, since the night got away from me. I had one of my Ed's-already-eaten specials: about a 1/2 cup of Japanese rice with soy sauce on it and a mug of frozen peas microwaved with Earth Balance and salt. Eat that, Julia Child. In addition to the diet book, my cook book will be coming out shortly. I'm off to write my offer with a Toblerone slice and cup of tea. Exciting!!

No comments: