Saturday, September 27, 2008

Supa Nerd


That would be my self-description tonight. After scrambling to get down to the delayed Sox-Yanks game, angsting over parking taking so long, and practically running there [does that count as exercise?] with visions of my dad putting around the TW statue muttering with his headphones on, we left in the 4th when the f-ing monsoon started up again. I think I might hate rain more than snow now. The shoveling thing sucks, but I'll be honest, I shovel like once a winter. I'm lazy and good at cleverly getting other people to do my responsibilities. But yeah, it's a tough call after this spring and summer. Hard to imagine the middle of the country is dry when we are turning into a rainforest.

I should back up: no exercise today, worked in Cambridge, had 2 Reese's cups, a DD tea and 2 bites of rotten yogurt for breakfast. Intended to just have the yogurt, the rot prompted the Reese's...I'm lying....I INTENDED to have a Finagle A Bagel that Andy was grabbing for me if they were open, but they weren't. They have been "Opening Soon" for 6 months, quickly becoming the Big Dig of round foods. Anyhow, had my yogurt as back up but my yogurt expired Sept 13, and I noticed this after consuming a good tablespoon. I think this unwilling experiment proves exactly how much even good yogurt tastes like ass.

Went to the mall and got my Mac Airport [blog from the couch! work from the couch! google from my couch! use my iphone on my WiFi! thank god!] and a Tendercrisp Salad from BK, with a diet coke and Italian dressing. Ate at my desk, I am so social. Had a mug of hot chocolate as a mid-PM snack...it is gnarly raw out. Headed home at 7 [!] only to be called by my dad and told the game was on, for 8. It was bumped to 8:30, I got there late as previously discussed. We each had a foot-long, some peanuts, split a pretzel and had a Harp. I love my dad....only he could pull off the headphones/newspaper combo at Fenway for a late September Sox/Yanks meeting. It was awful. We were losing 12-3? when we left....final score 19-8. Yeah boys! I'm sure they are just reserving their energy for the play-offs, a wise choice.

So, back from the game, soaking wet and cold, angry, I redeemed my evening! I set up the AirPort BY MYSELF. And even figured out how to do the remote thing with the iPhone BY MYSELF. And tracked down a duplicate detector for iTunes online, downloaded it and am now running it BY MYSELF. While blogging. Thus the title. Self-sufficiency is the key to happy home-ownership, so hopefully tonight is the start of a trend in the right direction. As opposed to my general persona of Helpless Sally. I'm still calling my dad if I get flat tire.

That's all, had some decaf coconut chai tea and a Butterfinger as a reward for my savvy tech skills. I'm ready for bed now, long day. On the exercise front, helping B&E move tomorrow. In the monsoon. I'm so excited to see their place though, and they are adorable, so it will be ok. Erin and I need to run around Fresh Pond entirely one day soon, the race is like a week away. Acktacular!

No comments: