Friday, September 5, 2008

I should be submitting a request for Non-Standard Pricing right now

But what's fun in that when I can blog to my heart's content?

Today followed suit with the past few, I'm blaming September [my brain and body still think I'm a student]: went to bed at 2 after not being able to sleep, slept through my alarm for 6:45, got up around 8. This is no good for any of my current priorities - getting to work on time, exercising pre-work [ha] or making myself and healthy and filling breakfast at home [ha ha]. Alas.

Per usual when I oversleep, I made my way to my corner DD. I love this Dunkins with all my heart, the staff is awesome, they never screw up and it's like 2 seconds from my apartment and at a bus stop! Today rather than the HEC, I went for my other favorite, an Everything bagel with butter AND cream cheese. This brings up another 2 reasons why I love my DD in particular, when I say butter and cream cheese a. they're used to it, and thus they've stopped looking at me strangely and b. they give me not 2 not 3 but FOUR butters. Anyone who knows me knows that butter is on my top 5 Favorite Things Ever list.

Now I will digress to a bit of a personal struggle. I really do want to be slimmer, I want to be able to run faster and longer, I want to be healthier. One would think either cutting out the CC or the butter would be a simple way to move towards all of these goals. Yet, I never do it; I need both. I think it might be genetic, a few years ago my sister actual made a paste of the combo and spread it on everything. She's awesome. Another side story, a month or so ago, I was at a separate DD and ordered my regular and got the cross-eyed look from the staff. I was feeling frumpy and gluttonous while waiting for my order until I heard my apparent soul mate behind me order a bagel with not just butter and cream cheese, but jelly too! Looks like I've found my hero.

Anyhow, I had the bagel [so worth it on a Friday after the longest 4 day work week ever] and a giant tea and have been working away since then. I have a Lean Cuisine [mehh] for lunch and an apple and ygurt as possible snacks. These are pre-emptive strikes on my part. Have I mentioned my Cambridge office [where I go 2-3 days a week] has a readily available vending machine with Reeses, Twix, Chex Mix, Fritos and Cheetos? And I've recently re-discovered that I LOVE Cheetos. I look like an Oompa-loompa in color and body shape by the time I finish but I'm so so happy.

In other news, having a girls dinner tonight with Erin and Carolyn [in from the N-Y-C], should be fun. We offered on our house last night, waiting to hear back. I am nervous and excited and scared and entirely out of my element. Glad I don't buy houses on a regular basis. Although, I have been watching House Hunters International a lot lately and have decided I kind of want an island home with a wooden [yes, wooden] tub now.

No comments: