Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Today is not going to be healthy"

Confirmed! Per my prediction this morning, here's what transpired.

First of all, I remembered halfway through today that I had a mini-cannoli yesterday [work Lindsay hooked it up!!!] that I need to fess up to. Seems like a hard thing to overlook, but the reluctant dieter's brain pulls amazing acts of omission. It had sprinkles and chocolate chips, as our trivia mantra says, go big or don't go at all.

So the rest of today: got to work, nuked my HEC on a croissant [so good, fully worth it], had a tea. Stayed full all AM and then went to lunch with PYV at the food court in the Galleria [sigh....not quite the Westford Chilli's/Applebees sigh, but sigh nonetheless]. I had all intentions of getting a salad at Burger King, even leaving PYV at our table [he thought ahead and got relatively healthy Thai food] and SAYING "I'm gonna grab a salad at BK, be right back". Unfortunately, somehow salad morphed into #4 with cheese and a diet coke [?] by the time I made it to actually ordering. I shouldn't play dumb, I realized in line I needed to go out after work boozing and decided that a salad would be a poor choice, I need bread and meat and fries to sop up the booze. Turns out all of the above were poor choices but whatevs. The Whopper Jr was delish, when is it not?

Headed out at 5:30 to Desfina to toast dear colleague Sabrina, who is leaving us, she will be missed. I had 2 Stoli Oranges and Sprite [such a girl] and a Corona. For some reason my brain doesn't get that ordering full sugar soda while mixed with alcohol is just as bad as ordering it plain, who knows. They were delicious but I have a headache and a sugar coma now. Had a banana before booze to help with immediate drunkenness, I think it worked. I feel silly and unable to drive but not take-your-clothes-off-and-carry-a-plastic-CVS-bag-around-my-apartment intoxicated. If you think I'm joking, you clearly don't know me so well.

Matt gave me a ride home [thanks Matt!] and I just had some water and TJ's mac and cheese with tomatoes. When one is making mac and cheese from a box, the impulse is to make it even less healthy, correct? So I added a slice of LOL American cheese to it. When in Rome... I used soy milk and earth balance instead of milk and butter, that has to off-set something.

Beyond that, the house is making my head hurt more than the Sprite overdose. I'm teetering on, "I love it, can't wait to live there, I'll have a yard and a garage!" and, pardon my French but I have perma-trucker mouth, "Fuck these douchebags, something else equal or even better will come along". BUYERS MARKET, that's all I have to say. I can feel my blood pressure rising, so I think I'm going to tie it up, change into some PJs and drunkenly fall asleep to Love Line on the radio. One day I will need to blog about my love for all talk radio. Well, NPR drives me nuts sometimes, as does Sports Talk, but needless to say, gun to head, I'd listen to yammering on the dial over music any day of the week.

No exercise unless you count booking it to DD this morning [almost breaking my ankle in process] to get my croissant before the bus showed up. And walking through Best Buy to the food court. And walking to the bar. That's all gotta count for something, right? Right??

No comments: