Friday, September 12, 2008

Manic Friday

Today was INSANE at work. I get super hyped up and neurotic about stuff, but today was nutty. I had cocktail plans for 3 and when I was finally freed from my desk, it was 6:30 and everyone had already gone home. I think the kids would remark this :(

Today started ok, I was slow but after 4 days of working this is par for the course. Plus it got damn cold damn fast this fall. I don't believe in global warming [and so begin the haterade comments...oh wait, no one reads this] per se, other than duh the planet is warmer and more polluted because there are WAY TOO MANY FRIGGING PEOPLE. But I do definitely see a shift in weather, I like cycles of things and assume we're heading into so weird cycle. Maybe one where Boston mimics a San Diego like climate at all times, for the next 50 years? I'd be siked.

Anyhow, I woke up on time so made myself a ham, egg, and cheese on a WW mini-pita [mini-pita!] and had some watered down juice. More watered down juice at work, I was thirsty. And a tea. I love tea. I didn't have much use for my trip to England 10 [good god] years ago, but I do appreciate that it taught me the value of a tea and some kind of chocolate candy combo. I like a Twix the best, or some really creamy and yummy Grade A chocolate.

I busted ass until I finally ate lunch at like 2. Oh and I want to point out that I didn't take any free pastries from a meeting this morning, even though I kind of really wanted to. Had a Lean Cuisine, bought a bag of Cheetos. Ignored said-Cheetos when free Doritos became available. Had those with a beer at my desk between 5 and 6. Left the Cheetos for next week, I'll forget about them and be filled with joy when I show up in Cambridge next week. It's the simple things.

Waiting for Princess to come home from band practice to see what's for dinner. More than likely, he already had Vietnemese with his fellow musicians and I'll be SOL and make Japanese rice and frozen peas and/or a bag of Microwave popcorn. And I don't have any wine...that's no way to start a Friday night...hmmm.....

No comments: