Saturday, September 13, 2008

Running is the new walking

Or so I'm trying to convince myself. After a lovely bongo session last night [thanks Second Floor!], finally got to bed around midnight. Sox won, I had some Japanese rice and some peas [I'm nothing if not predictable]. Woke up and Ed had made some gross stir fry thing for his breakfast. Have we discussed how Ed eats entirely inappropriate foods for breakfast? I'm strongly of the school of thought where breakfast is breakfast - waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, has browns, cereal, bagels, french toast, fruit cup, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, etc. There are SOOOO many wonderful choices, why would you reheat Thai food or make a TJ's Indian bowl for breakfast? I like both those foods - for lunch or dinner. But there is no reason my house should smell like fish before 10 am.

Anyhow, so I hiked down to Davis to get some American cheese and WPF bread and hot tea from DD. Erin called while I was walking back so we went running [yay!] after I inhaled a yogurt to stave of LBS. We went to Fresh Pond with Mia, it was fun, sort of...not miserable like moving usually is. We ran pretty far, I have no idea how to estimate mileage [my daddy can do it in his head, but he's been running for like 20 years]. After that spurt we just walked briskly, but exercise is exercise. FP is 2.5 miles around, so our goal is to be able to make it around without feeling like death. Then we're only .6 or so away from the 5k. I need to register for that.

I got home, had ham, egg, and cheese on a piece of WPF and another piece as toast [I used Earth Balance, not butter]. I love ham, egg and cheese apparently, another thing I've learned from the blog. Let's hope cholesterol doesn't catch up with me. I just had an apple and some of my watered down juice. Now I am going to do my arm exercises and take 2 hours to put on make-up because I really like to do that once in a while. The Sox just lost the first half of their rain-out DH, like 8-1. Sadness.

Going to the Alchemist in JP tonight for dinner with dear friend Meagan and her BF Dan, haven't seen them in forever but such is life lately. Darling is going to some party, of course. I've noticed we don't do a lot together, but I kind of like it that way. Makes you appreciate each other when you do see each other and frankly I am neurotic when out anyway and it's one less thing to fuss and worry about. And we're probably going to do karaoke at the Jeannie and while I love karaoke, Ed hates it [though it was totally acceptable back when we started dating...funny how THAT works] and so I only make him go on my birthday. I'm not big on making people do stuff, even if it's Darling. That way, he can't expect me to do anything that he likes that sucks. Works out.

Speaking of not working out, the house inspection is tomorrow. While I am praying that there are no structural flaws and it goes well, I have great apprehension. I'm at 15-20% we get in there. I just found a copy of our offer at it was presented to them and signed and a bunch of crap was changed unbeknownst to me, after I signed it. I'm not Sicilian, but I think I may have just felt what that level of anger feels like upon discovering this. I'm going to remain relatively calm, I will rip Ed a new asshole because this is unacceptable and his friend should know you don't do stuff like that on behalf of people WITHOUT LETTING THEM KNOW, particularly when large sums of money are involved. However, hopefully it doesn't matter because a. the P&S really matters and b. house might not work out anyway. Whatever, I'm jazzed for the inspection, should be informative if nothing else and Darling is paying for it because my commission sucks right now. He is a good boy, 43% of the time.

No comments: