Saturday, September 6, 2008

Recap and Saturday Plans

So last night I stayed at work way to late, delaying dinner until around 8. Stupid Harvard kids meant we actually ate at like 8:30, I was starving. Went to Wagamama with Erin and Carolyn, had some chicken ramen [wild!], asparagus and gyoza. Had a slighted/alleged 8 oz pour of Chateau Ste Michelle reisling, which is one of my favorites.

We then headed over to Erin's and I had another glass of wine, a muscat with an ice cube in it [family tradition]. Upon coming home - before midnight, getting old is awesome - I had full intentions of having a Toblerone chunk but didn't. Not intentionally, I just talked myself tired, poor Ed. When all housing issues and transactions are said and done, it will be a joyous occasion. Wouldn't it be nice if stress made me not eat rather than insomniacal [?] and more verbose than usual. I guess we can't pick our demons.

Today so far I slept until 11, talked more about the house [I am not good at compromise, ever] and then walked to Davis for some WPF. Darling chose their Apple Cinnamon bread, which he calls "Gone in a Day" bread becuase when we buy a loaf that's what happens. It is soooo good, like so good. I just did dishes for 30 minutes and now am going to reward myself with some French Toast made from it. My appraoch will be to start making it myself, swear a lot and hope Ed comes in and makes it for me. This works 90% of the time, I am not a chef by any stretch.

Might go jogging later if I don't have to sign any papers or whatever. Also, we were supposed to get Monsoon Hanna, but it rained this morning and now is just cloudy and muggy as all fuck. Unpleasant, but more useful than a downpour I suppose. I may also go dress shopping, I need something for K&A's wedding in Jersey, I cannot be the out-of-state female fat friend, for real. Do those diet pills really have speed in them? What if you only take them for like 2 weeks?

No comments: