Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are [not] two wild and crazy guys

This does not set a good precedent, two Saturday nights in a row, blogging when I should be out trippin' the lights fandango or however that whole thing goes...

Today was nice, ate my french toast [Ed made it] with 2 fried eggs and some watered down OJ/Cran hybrid. This is my water-delivery system. I hate water, my sister and dad do too. However, I recognize that it's good for me and I need it and it makes me feel better. Left to my own devices, I'd have like 3 oz a week so I force it on me by watering down all other beverages. I actually kind of prefer it now. After my FT and watery juice, I cleaned up a little bit and then did 10 miles on the bike. This hurricane is making it muggier than anything and I was sweating profusely, I think that's a good thing? I'm not used to sweating while working out. Which probably speaks to my overall health.

Carolyn and I then headed in to town right it time for the rain to start [wtf?]. We got really good parking on Boylston and then wandered around the Pru and Copley agreeing that most of it was oh-so-lame and remarking that the new and fancy Barney's is where the Sbarro's used to be while we were in highschool. Ahh, nostalgia. J Crew had no dresses, Barney's had plenty but I unfortunately forgot to rob a bank before my trip there. Seriously, the most beautiful silver [sounds weird but think refined not Jetsons] Prada dress EVER. And mine for a mere $1500. Who needs to pay rent? For 2 months? Wow. Someday, I hope.

Correction, I hope to have the means to be able to buy things like that and maybe occasionally do it but instead I'll spend most of it on my dream house, friends and family, charities and really awesome trips. Yes. In other fashion news, I am loving how Mad Men seems to be affecting the trends right now. Anyone who doesn't watch that show should immediately Netflix/onDemand Season 1. It takes a few episodes to dig it, but once you're in, you're in. I heart Joan, and Don Draper's not to shabby either. A great show all around, how I adore television.

Headed out in the rain [note to self, do not wear cute gladiator jellies in rain / addendum to note, jellies broke upon arriving back home -they were $9 at Old Navy- so future issues are averted], got to Anthropologie where I was skeptical but C acted as my personal shopper and soon I had 10 dresses. All of them sucked except the last one which was ok but a bit big. Sure enough, they had one size smaller and it was half off, so I was sold. It's not the most amazing dress ever [Prada....] but it's also 1/15th of the cost and cute and I can wear it a few times and if I spill a goblet of red-wine on it I won't be devastated. So, check off wedding dress buying, and a month early. That's some kind of record for me, I am Last-Minute Sally. Maybe I should switch, it is much more relaxing to be prepared and such, it's just the issue of motivation. I generally only act when I fear consequence; we'll see.

Got home around 7 and had a yogurt to stave off LBS. Asked Ed what he was cooking me for dinner and then instead a Wendy's ad came on and he suggested that. I was all for it, but then switched over to Papa Gino's. So we ordered delivery, a hawaiian and a cheese. PG twice in one week sure is gluttonous but it is soo hot and we seldom order take out, so whatever. Ed's getting tattooed at 11 tomorrow, so I'll wake up early and run or ride the bike before I go grocery shopping [barf, but the fridge is utterly empty]. I think I had 5 slices of pizza, that is excessive. They were small to moderate PG sizes but still. And I had 2 vodka/seltzer juice things, they were delicious if not exactly what I wanted. We stayed in and watched TV and I went through my overwhelming piles of paper [I refer to these as my correspondence, and Darling always retorts "Who are you corresponding with?" He is such a bitch.]

What else for today....did I mention the adorable baby half Siamese in the storefront on the way to Davis? I looooove it and want to smash the window and bring it home. That would be rude to Linus but seriously, so cute. The house is ehhh, in some sort of flux. I do love it, I do. But that does not mean I am letting someone rake me over the coals for it. And hi, we don't need to move. Unreasonable people need to knock it off in a buyer's market. I am the most stubborn person I know, especially when it comes to all my money in the world. I am hopeful but willing to take a chance that there is another absolutely adorable, shingled, convenient, tiny yarded, garaged and drivewayed, 3 bedroomed, butler's pantryed, window seated and chair railed, large bathroomed house that will come on the market soon enough. And if this doesn't go through, the list I just listed will be replaced with one about all the suckage that is in the place [we're not buying the Windsor Palace here], but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Some idiot at work used "We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it" the other day. I couldn't tell if he was trying to be witty or just getting it wrong becuase he is a dumb lump. That's all and I'm heading to bed now.

No comments: